CDC Panel Signals Support for Booster Shots, as Reports of Injuries, Deaths After COVID Vaccines Near 500,000
VAERS data released today by the CDC showed a total of 491,218 reports of adverse events from all age groups following COVID vaccines, including 11,405 deaths and 48,385 serious injuries between Dec. 14, 2020 and July 16, 2021. Reports of Deaths Injuries After COVID Vaccines Near 500K
Data released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) included a total of almost 500,000 reports of injuries and deaths, across all age groups, following COVID vaccines — an increase of 27,761 compared with the previous week.
The data comes directly from reports submitted to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), the primary government-funded system for reporting adverse vaccine reactions in the U.S.
Every Friday, VAERS makes public all vaccine injury reports received as of a specified date, usually about a week prior to the release date. Reports submitted to VAERS require further investigation before a causal relationship can be confirmed.
Data released today show that between Dec. 14, 2020 and July 16, 2021, a total of 491,218 total adverse events were reported to VAERS, including 11,405 deaths — an increase of 414 over the previous week. There were 48,385 serious injuries reported during the same time period — up 7,767 compared with the previous week. Reports of Deaths Injuries After COVID Vaccines Near 500K
Excluding “foreign reports” filed in VAERS, there were 425,950 adverse events reported, including 5,467 deaths and 33,748 serious injuries, reported in the U.S.
In the U.S., 336.6 million COVID vaccine doses had been administered as of July 16. This includes: 137 million doses of Moderna’s vaccine, 187 million doses of Pfizer and 13 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) COVID vaccine.
Of the 5,467 U.S. deaths reported as of July 16, 20% occurred within 48 hours of vaccination, 14% occurred within 24 hours and 34% occurred in people who became ill within 48 hours of being vaccinated.
This week’s U.S. data for 12- to 17-year-olds show:
- 14,494 total adverse events, including 871 rated as serious and 17 reported deaths. Two of the nine deaths were suicides.
- The most recent reported deaths include a 13-year-old boy (VAERS I.D. 1463061) who died after receiving a Moderna vaccine, a 16-year-old boy (VAERS I.D. 1466009) who died after receiving his second dose of Pfizer and a 16-year-old boy (VAERS I.D. 1475434) who died with an enlarged heart six days after receiving his first Pfizer dose.
Other reports include three 13-year-old boys (VAERS I.D. 1406840, 1431289 and 1429457) who died two days after receiving a Pfizer vaccine, three 15-year-olds (VAERS I.D. 1187918, 1382906 and 1242573), three 16-year-olds (VAERS I.D. 1420630, 1225942 and 1386841) and three 17-year-olds (VAERS I.D. 1199455, 1388042 and 1420762).
- 2,127 reports of anaphylaxis among 12- to 17-year-olds with 99% of cases
attributed to Pfizer’s vaccine.
- 383 reports of myocarditis and pericarditis (heart inflammation) with 379 cases attributed to Pfizer’s vaccine.
- 68 reports of blood clotting disorders, with all cases attributed to Pfizer.
This week’s total U.S. VAERS data, from Dec. 14, 2020 to July 16, 2021, for all age groups combined show:
- 21% of deaths were related to cardiac disorders.
- 54% of those who died were male, 43% were female and the remaining death reports did not include gender of the deceased.
- The average age of death was 73.4.
- As of July 16, 2,488 pregnant women reported adverse events related to COVID vaccines, including 850 reports of miscarriage or premature birth.
- Of the 2,428 cases of Bell’s Palsy reported, 50% were attributed to Pfizer vaccinations, 43% to Moderna and 7% to J&J.
- 429 reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, with 41% of cases attributed to Pfizer, 36% to Moderna and 22% to J&J.
- 117,379 reports of anaphylaxis with 44% of cases attributed to Pfizer’s vaccine, 48% to Moderna and 8% to J&J.
- 7,633 reports of blood clotting disorders. Of those, 3,221 reports were attributed to Pfizer, 2,779 reports to Moderna and 1,588 reports to J&J.
- 1,848 cases of myocarditis and pericarditis with 1,176 cases attributed to Pfizer, 606 cases to Moderna and 62 cases to J&J’s COVID vaccine.